Thursday, March 27, 2008

Our First Family Walk

What a beautiful evening it is up here! We went for our first walk as a family tonight. Daddy carried Jackson in the Baby Bjorn for the first time and he really liked having him so close while we walked. Curt hurt his foot while running the other night - first run in a really long time - so it was a very leisurely stroll. Jack and I have been on walks together before but he always falls asleep in the Bjorn before we even get down the driveway; tonight he was awake at least to the end of our road and got to look around at the great outdoors for the first time! We can't wait till it warms up enough to have him out in the yard or take him in the stroller where he can be un-bundled and really explore his world.

I think I am finally ready to be away from Jackson. Or at least as ready as I'm ever gonna get. As most of you have heard, we've only been apart twice: once for an hour and once for less than that! And I have to go back to work full-time on the 7th! We decided to go out one night this weekend and leave him with BABYSITTERS! Yikes!!! The good news is that he'll either be with the neighbors who we bought the house from (nicest people) or our friends from work, so we know we have nothing to worry about. I'm sure it'll be a breeze for Daddy, who's been back to work for several weeks now. I will consider it a success for myself if I don't have a nervous breakdown! If I'm not too embarrassed by my reaction, I will update after our "date" later this weekend and let you know how it went. :)

6 comments:

irish_eyes232 said...

The blog is a cute idea! When are you planning on coming over this way! I want to meet the little man :)

Katie said...

Ashley, you are a great blogger! :) I love this idea. You know I will check it often, obsessively probably, so you better update it a lot!!

littlecindy said...

have fun on your date night. it might be hard right away going back to work. but it gets easier. i promise!

- cindy

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Welcome to the world of blogging, Ashley! I'm so glad you decided to create your own family blog so that I can peek in on you every once in awhile. :)
Jackson is absolutely adorable and it will be fun to watch him grow and experience the world no matter how often we see each other.
Enjoy the rest of your time off with the little man.
Love you!
:)

Ashley said...

Brahy, we will be in RF the last weekend in April but we have plans. We'll try to work something out and let you know!

Ashley said...

I'll do my best not to let you down, Katie! I miss you! :)