Saturday, April 26, 2008

Another April Snow

We had one more blast of winter up here yesterday and today, and we are super bummed! Of course it's gorgeous outside, but getting six inches of snow on the last weekend in April when we were supposed to be building a deck off the back of the house is just MADDENING! That's the view from our deckless :( back window. I don't know if you can tell, but even the deer looks confused. It just stood there for a while, not knowing what to think, until it finally gave up and laid down.I cannot wait for spring to arrive again and stick around this time!!! I shouldn't be saying that at this time of year because it should already be here, dammit! We are keeping our fingers crossed for good deck building weather next weekend...

On a side note, remember how I said I'd have a hard time blogging once I was back at work? Well... yeah. It is so hard to find the time! I already feel like I don't have time to get anything done because all I want to do from the minute the kids leave the classroom till the minute I get home is cuddle and play with my baby, and that's pretty much what we've been doing every night! So we'll see if I get any better late next month when part-time hours kick in (I can't wait!).

Being back at work is still going well. It's been easier for me than I thought it would be, and he's doing wonderfully at daycare. Lately Jackson has been getting up just once a night and it's been excellent! He slept through the night for the first time two nights ago and we're wondering when it'll happen again. It's so interesting how different life is now that we have a baby. Sleeping for 7 uninterrupted hours is unheard of around here and I woke up so refreshed! I think Curt might have been more tired than me for once since he checked on him more often than I did. I'm having so much fun watching him be a daddy. :)

7 comments:

Katie said...

Holy crap, that's a lot of snow! Luckily it's only been rainy in Chicago.. :) So far that's been our only weather-related benefit since moving down south.

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures of the deer in the snow. You will always remember the winter that Jackson was born as the "never ending" winter.

Anonymous said...

I loved the pictures of the deer in the snow. You will always remember the winter that Jackson was born as the "never ending" winter.

Sara said...

The weather is crazy. We had snow here today.
The deer says it all...

Unknown said...

Finally another post! ;) I can't believe Jack slept through the night already! Wow. How nice for you guys. He's been a pretty good sleeper all along, but it seems like he's too young to stay down for 7 hours!

I miss my little nephew so much! I just want to hold him, cuddle with him, and listen to him talk to me. Hopefully he'll be able to tear himself away from deck building activities long enough to come down and see his auntie on Saturday.

Sara said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY ASHLEY!!!!!

Love you!

Katie said...

Happy Mothers Day, Ashley!! :)