Sunday, May 18, 2008

Life in Motley

I wanted to make good on my promise of delivering more pictures of life in Motley. If you previously viewed this entry, sorry about the layout! I didn't have time to fix it then, but this version is better. Still not great... I'm still learning!


Here's Jackson napping in our bed. I can't believe how big he has become and how quickly it happened! Isn't he sweet?!

Below is a picture of Curt and our family friend, Chuck, working on the deck in the pouring rain a couple weekends ago. They were soaking wet and freezing when they came in that day! These tough boys sure worked hard, though.



On the right is Grandpa hanging out with Jackson, who just got out of the bath. Grandpa, not realizing he'd just been in the tub, said, "How come you're so hot, buddy? Is that a hot outfit or what?" Hehehe.

Just this past weekend we were visited by Curt's cousin Jim, his wife, Liz, and their three kids, Vince, Connor, and Maggie (baby #4 is on the way!). Curt and Jim are very similar people and the four of us have a lot in common. It is always a good time when we can hang out together. Curt and I learned that, although it works for Jackson, our house is not prepared for children yet! We have lots of work to do before he can start crawling/walking and getting into everything!!!

Here are Jim and Vince helping out with the deck. Thanks for contributing, boys!
This is Liz cuddling with Jackson. It was super windy out but we really wanted to sit on the deck and test it out, so I threw this winter hat on him. He didn't like that so much since it was too tight and it left a little ring around his head. You can tell it was a bad idea because it makes him look so chubby. We quickly put on a better choice.

On a happy closing note, tomorrow is the last day we have preschoolers in the classroom! YAY! We are going to a park in Wadena for a carnival/picnic on Thursday to celebrate the end of the year. Work has been SO stressful lately and we are all very ready for the year to be over! After the holiday weekend I only work 20 hrs/week and I am incredibly excited to have more time at home with Jackson! I CANNOT WAIT!!!

5 comments:

Katie said...

Cute pictures, Ashley!

Unknown said...

Hooray for pictures! Can't wait to enjoy a BBQ on the finished deck! Are you staining it?

Ashley said...

Yes, we will put some finish on it after a year. Curt says the wood has to dry out and settle first. I think he heard that from someone, so hopefully it was Chuck who knows what he's talking about! Or Dad!

Unknown said...

You might want to make sure on that. ;) Just kidding. I love the picture of Jack & Grandpa! How sweet. I'm jealous. Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful pictures, he is such a sweetie. Looking forward to seeing your family next weekend and seeing your deck soon!