Hooray for the beginning of my summer hours! We are officially on 20-hr. work weeks and I will be off Mondays, half Thursdays, and Fridays until the end of August. I couldn't be happier to be spending more time at home with Jackson.
This morning I put the baby on his tummy on a play mat so he could work on some tummy time. He usually gets fed up with it after a couple minutes, but he's getting better at lifting his head and neck and even his upper body. I read somewhere that you're supposed to have a baby do tummy time up to 8 or 10 times a day. Who has the time for that?! Especially when the little ones don't seem to like it very much? We feel pretty good if it happens more than twice! Anyway, after I put him down I went to get a glass of water. Imagine my surprise to find him off the play mat and on his back when I returned mere seconds later! He had rolled over all by himself! At 3.5 months, no less! I was totally amazed, and he looked pretty shocked with himself too! After whipping out the camera and setting it to record video, I waited patiently as he hoisted himself up on one arm, only to realize after a few moments that this first roll was, indeed, an accident. But a pretty special one at that.
Chewing on his puppy while getting his diaper changed

3 comments:
Ha! The last one is hysterical! Makes me giggle. He looks like he's filled with glee at his ability to look silly! Love these pics.
Jackson is an absolute cutie pie. Thanks for the updated photos and stories. I always love to hear what's going on in your life!
Post a Comment