Monday, June 16, 2008

Back Yard Haven

I can't believe how terrible I've been about posting! It's been half a month again! Lots has been going on in the Wojo world since then. Hopefully I'll be a more frequent poster now that we finally got high-speed internet at the house. It makes a world of difference!

So you probably recall from earlier posts that we had been working on building a deck this spring. I shouldn't really say "we," I guess. More like Curt, Dad, Ben, and Chuck. Us ladies cooked and ran errands for the boys, took care of the baby, and gave the boys lots of crap (plus a bit of actual physical help), so that was our way of contributing. Anyway, after many, many setbacks - including snow in May (grr!) - the deck was finished on Memorial weekend! We haven't had that much time to enjoy it yet due to crummy weather this spring, but now it's finally starting to be nice out so we hope to be out there a lot.


This is what the back of our house looked like when we moved in, minus Chuck walking around.

This is our friend Jim from Curt's work who came over a couple evenings to help get the floor boards finished. He's building a house this summer, so we owe him some favors. Thanks, Jim!

Chuck was the mastermind behind the deck project. He helped with the design and has the most experience with this kind of work, so he was in charge. He did the door basically by himself and did an excellent job with our whole project. Thanks again, Chuck!

Dad and Curt working on stuff. I think Curt's doing something for the stair railing there.

More work on the posts and railing for the stairwell during a beautiful sunset...

Mom and Meline testing it out.


Here is the finished deck.


The deck building crew. They look pretty proud, eh? As they should - it's wonderful! GREAT WORK, BOYS!!! THANKS FOR EVERYTHING!!! :)

3 comments:

Katie said...

Yay for the deck!!

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Whew! Your BIG project is finally completed just in time for the beautiful days and your new dog. I'm sure you'll all enjoy sunning yourselves outside now.