We picked up our new pooch from a guy by St. Cloud on Sunday evening. She is really beginning to adjust to our home. She still has a tough time being put in her doghouse behind the fence at night, but she is crying less now than she did earlier this week. At first Sadie would follow us around everywhere when we were outside, but now she's beginning to venture out on her own. We have left her out the past couple days during the day, and I'm always nervous when I get home thinking she might have run off, but she's always there waiting. I wasn't sure how long it would take her to adjust, but she seems to be figuring things out quickly, so I need to stop worrying! She is a chewer and is also starting to try to dig out of the "kennel" area at night... we've been warned about the digging so I hope it doesn't get too bad. We are trying to teach her what is okay to chew on and what is not, like Jackson. She tried to playfully bite him a couple times and he just moved his hand away like, "This is no big deal." He smiled at her once but otherwise doesn't react much to her yet. It's fun to have a new puppy around and she's sure a cutie, but it's also a lot of work! I told Curt that Sadie will be his job since Jackson is mostly mine. :)
Sleeping on the deck, where she spent most of her time this week. At first she cried about going up and down the stairs by herself, but she's getting the hang of it now.
Checking out our DQ treats

5 comments:
She's so cute!!! I can't get over it. How do you live with such cuteness all around you? First Jackson, now Sadie.
Remember that she's only extremely adorable until she won't stop whining for attention or until she bites at anything that happens to pass in front of her face.
I absolutely adore the picture of her on the side of the blog. So cute!
Kirby2 has won my heart and I have yet to meet her! I agree with Katie - how do you handle it?!?
See above comment, Brea. And now she likes to dig holes.
Post a Comment