Thursday, October 16, 2008

It's Here!

The day I have been anticipating all summer has arrived! I've been waiting with bated breath, hardly able to contain my excitement, and am finally able to celebrate! We are done with the much-anticipated wood burning stove installation! And since this project was his idea and has been his baby, as much as I may want to, I'm not going to be selfish and spoil myself and run out in the cold at all hours of the night to shove wood into a steel box. I will let Curt have that pleasure all to himself.


The beautiful fall trees and the wisp of smoke in the above photo are tricking you into believing that the wood stove itself is beautiful. Don't be fooled. It's quite the eye sore and is placed in an awkward spot. The lean-to on the old garage was already there, so we decided to park it there rather than next to the house. I'm glad we did! Did you notice how I used the term "we" as if I actually had anything to do with any of this? Haha. All sarcasm aside, the only contribution I made was financial; Curt has been working his ass off, getting the yard ready and filling the lean-to with wood to burn. And now he continues to do all the work, cutting & stacking wood and loading & running the stove. You go, boy!

7 comments:

Sara said...

Congratulations on your new addition. That is totally something Luke would do. I probably have one in my future.

Unknown said...

Great post. The picture did look really pretty and I was thinking to myself "wow, nice wood stove!" Thanks for ruining it. Can't wait to see it...not.

ropellaj said...

I'm building a wood stove this weekend. Looks like fun!

...and by "building a wood stove" I of course mean "watching movies in the comfort and safety of the indoors."

Katie said...

This is hilarious, Ashley, because last night on Wheel of Fortune, the phrase was "wood-burning stove" and NOBODY could guess it. One lady kept yelling out guesses, "hood-burning stone!" "food-burning stove!" "cold-burning store!" Haha. Congrats, i guess.. I really have no idea what they're for, but you'll have to use it whenever I come up there. Which I need to do. Soon. Helloooo, Amtrak.

Ashley said...

That's awesome, Katie! Curt would have won that round fo' shizzle.

Justin, we didn't build the stove ourselves, unfortunately. Maybe we should have looked into that before spending so much money! have fun "building a wood stove" this weekend, and let me know how much cash you save doing it yourself.

Sara said...

KATIE I saw that on wheel of fortune too!! That was the first time I have seen that show in years because we finally can get NBC on dish. I wanted to scream at them...they came up with ridiculous answers. I loved how Pat told the guy during the final round that his answer was "wood-burning stove"-he even thought they were stupid.

Katie said...

Sara, once again we're creepily alike. We normally don't watch "the Wheel" but just happened to have it on during that one awesome moment.