
It is so pretty up here today! The "storm" wasn't nearly as bad as they made it sound. It did snow and blow around most of the day yesterday, but it was done before we went to bed and it's pretty still out there today. We got about 5 inches of new snow yesterday which added a fresh layer to the trees and covered our tracks in the yard. Of course we've made new ones by now, including some snowmobile tracks, thanks to Curt's dad's old Arctic Cat. We've had it stored in our pole barn for them, and this is the first time this year we've taken it out. Yesterday he took me on my first trail ride. Can you believe that I've lived in the great state of Minnesota nearly all my life and that's the first time I've ridden a snowmobile out of the yard? Or, worse, that that was only the third time in my life that I've ridden one at all?! Pretty crazy, I know. We didn't have one growing up and I didn't really know anyone who did, so the chance never came around. I really like it, though, despite the fact that this particular machine doesn't go in reverse and cannot currently exceed 30 mph! All the bumps and twists and turns remind me of an amusement park ride, and it's much more smooth than a 4-wheeler.

When the temperature isn't unbearable, I like to bundle up and go play outside; I will admit, however, that it usually takes some real prompting from Curt to leave the warm, cozy house. It was fun to try to trudge through the deep, thick snow and to wrestle with Sadie this weekend. Of course she made making a snow angel nearly impossible, but I gave it my best shot. She has been sleeping in the house on very cold nights and is loving that. Now she thinks she can come in every single time we open any door. It was funny to watch her the first night as she cocked her head to the side at the slightest noise. Jackson was happy to see her and made lots of noises for her to wonder at.

(This is the best I could do out the thin front door window)
1 comment:
Beautiful pictures. Sadie's a lucky girl. She must be loving it.
Post a Comment