Sunday, March 15, 2009

Vacation Pictures

Seriously, folks, that's about all I've got for funny stories. I have many, many pictures to share, so I think I will just tell a bit about each one and leave it at that. They do not go in any particular order, but I have tried to group events together at least. I hope you enjoyed the stories of days one and two, and I hope the pictures don't disappoint.

Curt and I on the plane. He only looks a little nervous.

Views from the plane. I love looking out the window and am always amazed at the view! Isn't that awesome?!Caesar's Palace, one of the most beautiful casino/hotels. Lots of construction there right now.

Pretty decor inside Caesar's

Buddhist worship nook outside Caesar's. For real!

We spent one of our days taking a coach bus to Hoover Dam for a guided tour that we got at a discount from the resort. We also stopped at Ethel M. Chocolate Factory on our way out. On this day we ate at our only buffet of the trip at some tiny casino several miles from the Dam, and it was no good. In the end, we wish we would have just rented a car and taken in Hoover Dam at our own pace. We ended up waiting around for much of the day as our group was split into different tours of different areas, and there was nothing at all going on at the chocolate factory. The dam itself was incredible - it's hard to fathom all the work that went into it, and it's so hard to believe that it's man-made when you look at it. The guided tour, though, was not very thrilling. I think we were expecting something grand and were disappointed.

The bridge they are constructing to bypass the dam (smart idea - the road down in there is very curvy and a slow drive); view of the Colorado River from the existing bridge - the white at the bottom of the rock shows how high the water was at its highest; one side of the wall that ends up being the dam.

Curt and I on the tour inside the dam; the five huge generators that run the place

Looking over the other side of the dam from the white rock picture above; Curt and I at the dam (He was scared to be up that high and he couldn't handle watching us look over the edge, so he had to go back inside. Poor thing! It was kinda funny, though - he'd pull on my shirt and exclaim about how high we were and the danger all around. Hehe!)

Posting pictures on this blog is a long, annoying process, so that's all for today! There are many more to come, so be sure to check back soon - I will try to get some more up this week.

1 comment:

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Thank you for writing about your adventures and sharing pictures too, Ash! :)