Yesterday I was looking at a couple pictures from my first pregnancy, and although I have gained more weight this time, it's not such a wide gerth as it was then. My belly is literally sitting on my lap and the baby is all out front, basketball-like. Last Wednesday the doctor said it's for sure 7 lbs. She also stripped my membranes (to no avail) and said I was dilated to about 2 (and yet here I sit). So the most encouraging news I got that day was her promise - after I begged - that she would schedule me for induction if I don't have this baby on time, rather than me going so far overdue like with Jackson. Of course with him I just wanted to deliver, but I wanted him to come naturally (not without an epidural, silly! I'm no dummy! Just without pitocin to induce labor), so I was okay with waiting for a while. This time, um, no. Sure, I would also love for this baby to start coming on its own, but I am only giving it so much more time! Plus, the holidays are upon us, and I'd like to be able to share this new gift with my family away from the hospital.
To try to prepare Jackson somewhat for having a baby around, we've brought out the carseat, bouncy chair, and swing. I also bought him a glow-worm, and he loves it! He hugs and kisses it just like he kisses my belly (cute, huh?). He likes to put his "baby" in the bouncy chair and turn the music and vibration on for it. We are talking about bringing a real baby home and him being a big brother. I know he has no concept of what's going on yet, but hopefully these few little things will help. It'll be interesting to see how he handles the change, to say the least!
Hopefully I won't make it to my next doctor appointment on Tuesday, but I will update if I do and there's anything to tell. Cross your fingers for me that this baby will be on its way before then!
2 comments:
How exciting and fun to read your newest update, Ash! For some reason I thought you were due in January --- clearly I had my dates a bit off. I pray that everything goes well these next few days and that baby #2 is here before you know it. Take care. I cannot wait to read a new update soon.
I used to have a glow worm! It is so cute that Jack thinks of it as "baby!" Hopefully he like real baby just as much! :) Love you! -E
Post a Comment