My, how life has changed since my last post! The family is doing well; we are settling into our new home on 18 acres in Foreston and enjoying living closer to family. Miss Halle is 4 months already and is a chunky monkey! She is giggling, beginning to roll, and sleeping through the night like a good little girl. The boys are having fun exploring the outdoors at the "new house" (wonder how long they'll call it that?) and seeing their grandparents and other family more often. We have adopted an adult cat and will be getting a kitten soon in the hopes of them being good mousers (otherwise, what's the point? ha!), so the kids have been having fun with that as well. The dog? Not so much. She has some adjusting to do!
Curt continues to work at Lakewood in Staples, which is over an hour's drive from the new house. He doesn't complain, as they are a wonderful organization to work for and he's in a good position there. The kids and I commute with him 2x/wk for 4 more weeks so I can finish summer hours with Head Start in Motley until I begin my new position as Early Childhood Special Education teacher in Mora next month. I will have just half an hour's drive. Our next steps are finding childcare in the area where we can both relatively easily transport kids.
The first half of summer has flown by, what with packing, moving, unpacking, commuting, and unpacking some more! We are looking forward to family reunions, family weddings, pool days, and just spending some time enjoying our new home. We hope all of you are well and enjoying the summer. :)
Halle's serious face. Her ear doesn't really stick out that much; it's just the placement in the couch corner.
Curious/interested/excited face
Sleepy face
Happy face! My favorite!
Playing with Jackson
Our new home (built in 2000), front view with large porch extending across width
Side view of entry steps & porch
Partial back view with rear deck
Steps leading down from house, pole barn/garage across wide drive
One of many views of our many gigantic oaks, complete with landscaping
One veiw of our bedroom; most furnishings came with the purchase of the home
Kitchen
Bathroom
View of kids' room by dormer window. Much more spacious than it looks here!
Other half of kitchen in background, island and dining area in center
Open floor plan on main level - kitchen, dining, and living connected, separated by center island above
3 comments:
LOVE the new house, Ash! It's adorable. And so is Halle. We will need a girls night in Foreston sometime!!
I LOVE your new house!! Good find! Still can't believe you won't be in the "neighborhood" anymore - but glad you found the perfect place for you! We'll miss you guys!
I am so glad that I checked the Wojo blog today! What awesome news and pictures! I could just eat little Halle Mae up -- so cute. Your house looks absolutely perfect and wonderful. Not to mention the fantastic shed for all of the toys (big boy and little boy). Plus, YAY for your new job. I am so happy for you guys. :)
Post a Comment