Friday, April 4, 2008

90%

Today Jackson had his two month wellness check-up, and he is a very healthy baby! Weighing in at 13.5 lbs, he is in the 90th percentile! His height is also up there at 23 3/4". What a big boy! I figured he'd be right around that mark... his double chin really gives it away. :) We are so lucky to have such a healthy little boy!

He was also given his first dose of shots today. When I gave him some medicine before we left, he spit it all out and cried, so I was very worried about him. I even chose to wait in the waiting room rather than be there while he was given the shots. Is that terrible? I felt like a bad mother! But he doesn't know the difference anyway, right? I was still there to give as much comfort as I could when it was all said and done. He came out crying, but I've actually seen him cry harder at home a few times when he's desperately hungry, so I was surprised that it wasn't so bad. Once I got him in the car seat and started walking he had basically calmed down; then we went to visit Daddy and his friends over in the radiology department and he got lots of cuddling, which really helped a lot. :) After that we went on to get even more admiration and cuddles while visiting Mommy's work. I think the pain set in when we left there because every time he'd move his legs he'd cry. I gave him more medicine and he actually swallowed this time, and now he seems to be doing fine. We lived to tell about it and I hope round two goes just as well at 4 months.

We also went to visit our daycare provider today and drop off Jackson's stuff for Monday. We spent about half an hour with her and she loved him up the whole time! I do feel comfortable with her, just sad to have to leave him at all and return to work. Being distracted by other children all day will help, though - I'll barely have time to think about him!

We had a very busy day today and are ready to relax this weekend and cuddle a lot before Monday. :) Get out and enjoy the nice weather if you're lucky enough to have it!

4 comments:

irish_eyes232 said...

awww poor baby. I can't believe how many shots babies get! Glad to know you are doing well though. Good luck on your first day back to work! Miss you!!

Anonymous said...

I (we) can't believe how big you have gotten Jackson! All your pictures are so cute. Good luck on your first day back at work Ashley. I am sure it will go fine!

Love you all - Novak's

Unknown said...

Good thing he'll never remember what it was like. :)

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

I'm thinking of you today, Ash! I hope your first day back to work goes well...
(You can give me good pointers when that day comes for me in a few weeks!)
Love you!