Monday, April 7, 2008

D-Day

Today is the day I have been dreading for eight weeks... back to work. :( This weekend I was an on-and-off basketcase with several crying jags, both short and long-lasting (just ask Curt). I held Jackson extra tight and gave him tons of kisses to hold him over while I'm away from him. (Like he'll even notice, right? I'm trying to make myself feel better by telling myself he'll miss me just as much as I miss him.) This morning I got my car stuck in the driveway and have never been happier about doing so! That meant I got to spend extra time with Jackson while I waited for Curt to come home and bail me out! I was so proud of myself for being ready to go on time and then the inevitable happened. It seems I get stuck after every fresh snowfall of over an inch. I hope it is gone soon...

Anyway, I had to wake my son up to get him ready and he was being so cute and cuddly and smiley, making it extra hard. That's when the tears welled up but I am surprised to say that I held it in and haven't cried yet today! School was cancelled due to the weather, and it has been surprisingly easy to be here, even without distractions from the kids and with being all alone in the office. Since I've been gone, I have no prep work to do, which is why I have time to post this. Of course I'd rather be home with Jackson since I'm really getting paid to not do much today, but his first day at daycare had to come sooner or later. I am looking at his picture all the time and wondering how he's doing. Is he fussy? Is he taking his bottle well? Is he overwhelmed with all the other children around? Daddy is picking him up this afternoon and probably won't get the details from Kathy, our daycare provider, like he did from me every day, so I'll have to talk to her tomorrow and find out. I hope he is doing as well there as I am here.

Thanks for all the positive encouragement and well wishes! It's much appreciated and it helps to know you guys are thinking of me today! :)

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Of course we're thinking of you! I'm proud of you for doing so well. Jack probably does miss you but I know he likes having new things to look at and focus on, so he'll be having a ball at daycare today!

Love you sis.

Anonymous said...

It was nice hearing how the first day at daycare went, and that it went well. I am sure Jack had lost of kisses and "petting" from the other kids at daycare. I hope tomorrow goes as well for everyone!

Love,

Grandma Wojo

Sara said...

I am proud of you Ashley!!!

Anonymous said...

You're such a good mommy! I'm sure Curt is being a good daddy too.

Keep up the good work!

Love,

Amy

Anonymous said...

I'm happy the first day went well hun. And I definitely enjoy reading about how things are going and seeing photos of baby Jackson.

Ash, I'm very proud of you for getting back out there and working for your family - although at times it may be difficult to be away, but you are doing what's best for not only your hubby & Jack, but for you as well.

Love you Ash!
Jean