Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Final Countdown

The time has nearly come already. On Monday, I return to work. I write those words with such a heavy heart. I am going to miss my little boy so, so much, and it will be tough for me to know that he is in the care of a virtual stranger. The good news is that we have heard that she's a very nice woman and a good provider, and she's right down the next street off the highway we live near. Everyone has been saying it'll get easier with time and I know it will, but that first day is always the hardest. Especially when I'm not looking forward to returning to this particular job! I have been looking at and cuddling Jackson more intensely today and it's sure to be an emotional weekend for me, but I am so grateful for the wonderful bonding time we've been able to enjoy these past eight weeks.

On a brighter note, Auntie Brea and Grandma Paula were here this week to spend some time with us! We had lots of fun playing with Jackson and laughing at all his funny expressions and mannerisms. They couldn't believe how much he's grown since they've last seen him, and I told them I can't believe how much he changes each and every day. Time truly does fly by, doesn't it? Thanks for another great time, girls! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could not ask for a better way to spend a couple days. Jackson puts a smile on my face & warmth to my heart everytime I think of him, which is all the time.
Love you all

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

What CUTE pictures! How nice that you were able to spend some time with your mom and sister on your last week off.
I will DEFINITELY be thinking of you on Monday as you go back to work. I still cannot imagine going back and am thankful I'm off until May.
Seeing "grandma Paula" just makes me smile! What a great family you have to love and support Jackson as well as Curt and you. :)
Enjoy the fabulous SUNSHINE today.

Unknown said...

I agree with Grandma - there's nothing better! Thanks so much for letting me come up and bask in the joy of my sweet little nephew for a few days.

I love you Wojos! See you Sunday.