Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Ch-ch-changes

Some of you have heard that Jackson has started eating cereal! It's so cute and funny! He makes a huge mess all over everything and likes to help Mommy with the spoon, but sometimes he gags on it. We've tried oatmeal three times now. He seemed to really like it at first, but last time he wasn't too interested. I think I have to catch him in between regular feedings for optimum cereal intake. :) I keep hearing how he'll need to breastfeed less and sleep better now, but that has yet to occur as I think he might also be... dum dum dummm (sound of dread)... teething! Yikes!!! He's been getting up three times a night these past few nights whereas he usually sleeps through or just wakes once. And he's been a little fussy lately, too, which is totally unusual for us. Maybe it's because he hasn't been pooping regularly either and then when it comes it's a total explosion. All this has gotten me wondering what's going on with his little body, but it doesn't seem to be bothering him all that bad so I'm trying not to be what Curt would call a worry wart. Wish me luck with that!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I've heard teething can cause other things to go haywire for a while. I think he's starting too.

Anonymous said...

I just love checking you blog, keep it up Ashley!

Sara said...

I like the cereal on the face - so cute!

Katie said...

He looks exactly like Curt, and I love it. He's SO cute!

irish_eyes232 said...

Watch for swollen gums, lots of drool, diaper rash, and low fevers... all signs of wonderful teething! :)

He looks adorable... I still want to meet the little guy!

Ashley said...

Brahy, right? You need to be more specific, otherwise you're just one of 6!!!

I hope you get to meet him soon, too! We will try to set something up this fall when we're in Hudson...