Thursday, July 10, 2008

Not So Much

I tried to feed Jackson cereal again last night and he was SO not into it. He gagged before I even put the spoon into his mouth!!! I don't know if I'm trying to feed him at the wrong times or what, but it's sure not going as smoothly as it was when we first started trying it. It was about half an hour before bedtime last night and had been one hour after he nursed. Someone suggested putting mushed-up fruit in the baby cereal but I'm not sure if he's ready for that. I did buy oatmeal with bananas, so maybe we'll try that. And I thought he might be ready for a change from regular oatmeal so last night I made him the rice one. No luck! I am planning to be done nursing by the time I go back to work full-time at the end of August so I really want him to start eating cereal regularly to start slowing the nursing down. Help me, mommies out there! What should I do?

2 comments:

littlecindy said...

have you been giving him formula at all? i'm thinking he'll still be drinking a fair amount of either BM or formula by the end of august. you might want to just get him used to the taste of formula more than aiming to cut down on nursing. adrian started finger foods by 7 months (a bit early) but was still eating very little food by then.

Ashley said...

Good point. I can already tell that I'm producing less milk and he's been eating less frequently, so over the next couple weeks I think I'll start formula so he's used to it when he needs it. He has been taking the baby food better, too, so hopefully we'll be on a combination of those two by the time I'm back to full-time next month. Thanks for the tips!