Happy nine month birthday, Jackson! It is crazy to think that my little baby will be a big, one-year-old boy in just three short months. Curt and I were commenting the other night that he is starting to look different to us for the first time. Obviously he has looked very different over the past nine months as he's grown, but now our eyes can see that he is really beginning to lose those sweet baby qualities in his face. Makes a mama sad.Speaking of being a big boy, Jackson is working on many new moves, in addition to perfecting his crawling skills. He is getting faster and faster at moving around the house, exploring everything and getting into things he shouldn't, thereby hearing the word "no," which he really doesn't like. Suddenly all those boring adult objects at floor level of the house are simply fascinating. Especially the recycling, cords, and power strips. Last week I said no to him when he was trying to go for the power strip on the computer, and he started to cry and put his head down onto his hand, which was resting on the floor. It was the funniest thing I've seen him do yet! Heartbreaking - which was surely the intention - but hilarious.
He is also getting really good at pulling himself up onto things and has even been cruising along the coffee table and the couches. He seems to be very proud of himself upon reaching his destination, which is terribly cute. Furthermore, he has scaled at least three of the steps in the basement! Jackson is developing rapidly, and we are just in awe as we take it all in. At this rate my guess is that he'll be cruising faster by Thanksgiving and walking at Christmastime!
7 comments:
Yay, Happy 9 months Jackson! :)
He looks like his mama in that picture.
Auntie Sheila and Uncle John miss you Jackson!! We are going to the cabin next weekend for the day on Saturday. Hopefully you and Mommy can come. We love you!
Sheila, I think Jackson might be teething. On top of having a cold he's been fussy, drooly, and hasn't been eating normally, plus he wakes up crying really hard in the night. I don't feel or see anything, but this is the only thing I can think of. We were going to go to Hudson this weekend to visit Brea and Andrew, but she doesn't feel very good and neither do I, and if Jackson continues this behavior he won't be the best company! :(
By the way, we got Madelyn's birthday picture today and it's so adorable! :)
Grandma misses you also Jackson, maybe we will see you at the cabin if mom is not too busy getting ready for conferences!
Oh how cute! He's growing so fast!
Hugs and kisses from Amy & Sam
Oh never mind, Sheila - ou meant next weekend as in the last weekend of Deer Camp. Hopefully we all feel good by then and I'm not too busy volunteering my hours getting conferences done!!!!!
Post a Comment