Sunday, November 2, 2008

Creeping, Crawling

Jackson has been crawling for the past two weeks! Curt and I have been busy warning him of dangers, trying to protect our stuff that's still in his arm's reach, and also trying to prevent booboos. :) A while after he had learned to roll onto his tummy, he learned how to get onto his hands and knees and he would rock back and forth and that was fun for a while. Pretty soon he was getting into that position and whining because he couldn't get anywhere. It wasn't long after that that he'd slowly do one hand and one leg at a time, and before we knew it, he was crawling! His first actual fluid crawling movements were at daycare, and when I saw him do it at home for the first time I cried (of course). It was so precious! Now it's old hat around here - but definitely still cute. I love watching his little tushie creep across the floor! As soon as I get the camcorder/computer hookup working, I promise to post video of it so you can see for yourselves how adorable it is. :)

Now that he seems to have mastered the huge milestone on the road towards big boy-hood that is crawling, he's learning those other Mommy-heartbreaking skills pretty fast. He can pull himself up to a full standing position; it went from knees to feet super quickly. He has even taken a couple steps while propped up on things! I'm gonna bet Curt a backrub that he'll be walking by 10 months, but I secretly hope he doesn't. I don't want my baby to be that big of a boy yet! I guess that's not really a secret, is it?!

And now, a special picture just for my "anonymous" commenter. A couple weeks ago I posted about all the fun "Anonymous" had playing with a remote-control truck - namely keeping it rudely just out of Jackson's reach. Last weekend Jackson had lots of fun playing with his cousin Gibson's big truck, and I thought you might be jealous, "Anonymous," so I figured I'd rub it in. :)

6 comments:

Sara said...

It is crazy that he is crawling! It was just about a year ago that we had your baby shower. Pretty amazing what they learn in such a short time.

Ashley said...

And it's pretty amazing how damn fast that short time goes! My usual lament here on Blog Wojo...

Anonymous said...

He's also growing a little wary of "strangers" or someone new, by the way. I used to be able to pick him up and make him giggle pretty easily at daycare, and when I did that on Friday, his little face crunched up and he wasn't happy until Tasha took him back from me. And I wasn't in a Halloween costume, either :) (Deb F)

Shawn and Josh said...

Love the blog, I'm glad we could get together this week too, we do need to invite the dads too sometime.

Ashley said...

Deb, Kathy told me that at daycare last week. I hope he doesn't get stranger fear too badly! Stranger anxiety, maybe, but hopefully no screaming, etc. is coming! He went to the neighbor's house for a couple hours yesterday and did fine, though, and he has only seen her a few times before. Who knows?!

Miss Rudesill's Class said...

Hi Ashley!! I can't believe how big your little guy is!! He's such a cutie! What a cute family! Hope life is going well! We all need to have a reunion dinner soon!!