Jackson was sleeping when Curt got home Sunday afternoon, and he was so excited to see Daddy when he woke up! He wouldn't stop smiling and staring at him for the longest time. Daddy was pretty glad to see his little boy, too. :)
I was also glad to see Curt again... at first. Little did I know that while I was having a good time with my family and friends, enjoying the thought of a nice family evening before starting another work week, Daddy was planning to bring a little piece of Deer Camp '08 back home...

That's right, I was held against my will in the basement and forced to cut up raw venison until my back was throbbing and my fingers ached. This went on for nearly 4 hours. 4 hours, people! UGH!!! And keep in mind that you are only seeing about 20% of the meat we cut. These trays kept getting re-loaded over and over and over. This is the way I felt when I was finished:
Okay, okay, so it wasn't really that bad, and I think I did pretty well for my first time, but let's just say that I hope this is a one-deer season. Sorry, Curt. Oh, and for those who need to know details, he shot a spike buck about 5 minutes after he got into his stand Saturday morning while it was still pretty dark. If he'd have known what it was, he says, he wouldn't have shot it. The men didn't see anything else the whole weekend. They are really looking forward to shooting some more deer next weekend. Looks like I'm doomed.
5 comments:
Ew! Gross! Why didn't he make the rest of the manly men help him with that? I would refuse to do it again if I were you. Ugh.
Ha! Great picture of Jack.
That's what I said. I guess that's what you get when you're the only one to actually kill an animal. Plus I don't even like to eat it that much! Curt only does the boring stuff like ground venison and roasts, so I get sick of it real fast. Oh well. Better than nothing, right?
Eeeeewwwwwww.
I was thrilled when I heard that Curt brought the meat home, YEAH!!!! Dad was happy also. Thanks so much Curt and Ashley!
P.S. We have more wrapping paper here that we can give to you in case they shoot another one this weekend....
I don't miss cutting up meat!
-Amy
Post a Comment