
At first I thought I wouldn't get Jackson a costume for his first Halloween. I figured, he's a baby, he won't know the difference or he might not like wearing something strange, and we might not go anywhere anyway. But the more pictures and costumes I saw, I knew I couldn't resist! Target was the only place around here with infant costumes, but they were too small for him, so I ordered a cheap one online. Last weekend while on a trip toward P-town to pick up a used kennel for Sadie, we stopped to visit at my aunt Kristi's. The costume I had ordered for Jackson had not come in the mail yet, so we ended up borrowing this ladybug suit from cousin Olivia. While he did look pretty cute in it, the ladybug's not a very male-appropriate costume. Plus he doesn't have any black pants or shirts he could have worn with it. We went to see Great Grandma and Grandpa while he had it on and they thought it was pretty cute, too. However, I do like his actual costume much better:



Curt had to work Friday night, as he has the past two Halloweens, so Jackson didn't do any actual trick-or-treating. I didn't want to leave Sadie behind barking while we interrupted people's dinners to go during daylight so he crawled around here in it while I laughed instead. He did wear his costume to daycare, though, at Mommy's insistence (Daddy was embarrassed to be seen dropping him off in it). And one neighbor actually rang our doorbell this year, so at least his mom got to see Jackson in his costume. Hopefully next year the fam can trick or treat together around the neighborhood.
8 comments:
Great costume Ash! He looks very intrigued by it all.
I think he was kind of confused at first. "What is this thing on my head and my back and why are Mommy and Daddy laughing? If it has no noisy, edible/mouth-able parts, I'm not sure I'll be into it..."
So cute! I love all the new blogs. Thanks!
Love,
Amy T
so cute! sounds like you are really enjoying being a mommy :)
when is #2 coming out?? ;)
-Sarah Brahy
I love Jackson's costume! It works out perfect since he's on all 4's :) Thanks for sharing!
Love,
Kari
Mommyhood has been beyond wonderful, Sarah, and you'll just have to wait and see about baby #2! :)
Agh! I LOVE the dalmation costume!! Jack's face in the ladybug picture is pretty cute too. He might have to put this on for auntie some time so I can see it in person.
AWESOME. That's one reason I'm having kids one day.. just to dress them up in ridiculous costumes. The puppy one was super cute, though!
Post a Comment