Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Holidays

Hello everyone! It's me, Jackson! Since my mommy's so tired of writing really long updates every time she posts a new blog because she's such an infrequent (aka bad) blogger, and I love to type on the keyboard when I can manage to sneak into the computer room, I thought I'd be nice and help out this time. :)

My family hopes you all had a wonderful holiday season! We sure did. I had lots of fun celebrating my first Christmas with our families. We were busy going from place to place, but I tried my best to be a good boy for Mommy and Daddy. First we went to Grandma & Grandpa Wojo's for a few days. My cousin Madelyn and I had lots of presents under the tree! Here's me playing with Grandpa, Madelyn, uncle Matt, and one of my cool new toys:

And here's Daddy trying to help me open a book. I look grumpy because I wanted to do it all by myself!Next we went to Grandma & Grandpa Beaudoin's house for a couple days for even more Christmas! I asked Mommy if she had any pictures to share, but she said they're all on Auntie Brea's camera, so we'll have to wait and add those on later. After we celebrated, we went up to Great Grandpa Beaudoin's house to get ready for the sledding party we would have the next weekend. Mommy thought it would be fun for me to ride around the yard in the sled, but I was scared! I watched all the grown-ups get the great big hill ready and practice sledding. They looked like they were having fun, but I was cold and ready to go inside to visit Great Grandpa. We also went there the next day so they could go sledding even more, but I was pretty exhausted from all the Christmases, the food, and the presents, so I slept the whole way home.
I was definitely excited when I woke up to see that I was back home again with just my parents and no other people! I kept looking all around my whole house, laughing and smiling and hugging Mommy. By the time New Year's Day was here, though, I was ready for some more celebrating and more visitors. Grandma Paula's family came to our house for a late Christmas celebration and I got to open more presents! Since it's pretty hard to hold on to a water bottle and open a gift at the same time, my cousin Natalie gave me some help:

It was a really neat firetruck with firefighters! It lights up, makes noises, and moves all by itself when you push a button (which I love to do). I had lots of fun with this one all weekend!

Two of my great aunties also got me presents and helped me open them. The toy animals were neat, and Mommy liked my pretty new sweaters.

My favorite part about Christmas wasn't the gifts, but the ribbons, wrapping paper, and boxes I got to play with at the end! All the people kept watching me and then they laughed when I chose the paper instead of the toys. Just look at all that! What's not to love?

I made sure to say thank you and tell everyone how excited I was. So that's the story of my first Christmas! I think Mommy and Daddy were pretty proud watching me, because they kept smiling at each other and at the other grown-ups. I know when I get to be a bigger boy there'll be lots of important stuff to learn about Christmas, but for now I'm having fun being little and playing with paper and boxes!

5 comments:

Sara said...

Great post Jackson! You would not even know that you are a newbie in the blogging world. I am glad that you had a good first Christmas. Tell Mommy and Daddy "Hi!"

Katie said...

Jackson, you are a blogging genius! I'm going to tell Oprah about you. And Happy First Christmas!

Ashley said...

Thanks for saying such nice things about me, girls! It was fun to play on the keyboard a lot. :)

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Cute, cute, cute! I'm so glad I checked in with the Wojo Blog before going to bed tonight! Jackson you are a sweetheart and I loved reading about your first Christmas celebrating with your family. You are definitely one lucky boy who is surrounded by individuals who love you.
Hugs and kisses!

littlecindy said...

i cannot believe how grown up he is getting!