Thursday, December 10, 2009
Doctor Update
Well, the doctor had good news and bad news for me on Tuesday. The bad news was that she decided not to schedule me for induction if I make it to my appointment on the 15th. Since the original due date was January 6th (based on when I told them my last period had been, but it got bumped up after my 21-week ultrasound), she doesn't want to jump the gun and make this baby come too early. I know this baby's health and safety is the number one priority, but I can't help but be selfish after waiting so long for it to come and being focused on this before Christmas due date! As you know from reading the last post, I wake up each morning and pray for that to be the day. So I was horribly disappointed by this news. As she walked out of the room saying, "I hope you have this baby by Christmas!" I was even more disappointed and about ready to cry. However, there was some good news. I am dilated to 3 now, and my belly measures at 40-41 weeks. She also doesn't want me to have a really big baby again after my third-degree tear with Jackson, so if I don't have this baby by my next visit, she will probably order an ultrasound to see how big it is and decide what to do from there. So it is with a very hopeful, if somewhat gloomy, heart that I close this post, hoping not to post again until I can put up pictures of the new baby! Continue to keep your fingers crossed for me, and all your other parts, too, for some extra help, please! Oh, and prayers don't hurt, either. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck, Ash!!
Thinking of you, dear! I cannot wait to meet your new little one via the blog SOON! :)
Sending happy delivery thoughts your way!
-Amy T
I hope everything is going well. Santa better bring her/him early for you!
Post a Comment