Dum dum dum... the dreaded doctor visit day! Yesterday Jackson had his six month well-baby check - six months! Can you believe it?! - and it actually went really well. He has always responded quite calmly to the shots, thank goodness for Mama, and yesterday he did the same. He just cries and whimpers for a couple minutes - no all-out wailing or anything - before he is able to calm himself down. (Sheila and Maddie, I feel for ya!) That also makes for a nice lunch/visit with Daddy and his co-workers after our appointments are over. He weighs 17 lbs, 7 ozs; less than I had guessed. The doctor said he's on the taller side but his weight is average. There were no big issues and we are so grateful that Jackson is blessed with good health and general well-being. Our doctor seemed very impressed with him and took her time playing with him and chatting with me, Mommy-style. It was the first time we'd seen her since he was six weeks old as her baby was premature and born right after that. It was actually a really nice visit yesterday. We heart our doctor!
And Sadie apparently hearts hers as well. I took her in yesterday while Jackson hung out with Daddy at work so she could get her first round of puppy shots. She was all about checking things out at the vet, smelling and exploring everything, and I think she was hoping to see more actual animals. There was only one other dog there but it left the waiting area just as we were arriving so they didn't even have the chance to smell each other's butts. Poor things. Sadie weighs almost 20 lbs and is doing well, according to the highly androgynous individual (Doctor? Not sure. No one introduced themselves. Is a vet even called a doctor?) who "examined" her (and by that I mean weighed her and looked at her ears before poking two quick shots into the fat by her hips). The "nurse" (is that what someone is called who helps out the person who may or may not have been the doctor?) rubbed her face on Sadie's face the whole time and let Sadie lick hers. And you should have heard the way these two talked to her. More baby talk than a mom uses with a baby. Literally. They pretty much ignored me the whole time. As Curt said, you really really have to be an animal lover to be a vet/vet nurse/unknown name of people who work with animals. Vet tech, maybe? Anyway, I guess I am not used to going to the vet yet so it was strange to see them get all worked up over her (when some days we barely find time to play with her) but I could tell they loved her and will take good care of her in the future, and that's what counts, right? Not the fact that I'm still totally confused as to whether that person was a man or a woman.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment