We have had a fun couple weeks since my last post. In Sadie news, she is learning how to sit, stay, fetch, heel, and drop a ball! She is also getting to be less wimpy as she sees more dogs. She used to cry and whine and cower under our legs but now she's practically fearless. The neighbor dog, Val, runs over whenever she hears Curt putzing outside. This used to be her home so she likes to come visit. She and Sadie are becoming friends. Or at least that's what Sadie thinks. She really likes to play with Val now, and that includes scratching her, biting at her, and jumping on her. In the most playful of ways, of course. But she doesn't like when Val steals her ball when we're trying to play fetch. Neither do we.

Last Monday, Jackson and I went to a play date at my friend Deb's house. She's a kindergarten teacher in town and her kids, Brooke (5, or almost) and Sawyer (almost 2), go to our daycare. They can't get enough of Jackson and enjoyed holding him and kissing him for much of the afternoon. :) Then our friends Shawn (I work with her) and Josh brought their baby Avery over Thursday night for dinner. We had a nice time chatting about baby stuff and hanging out on the deck, playing with Sadie.
Friday I spent the day at Curt's cousin Jim's house (they were on the blog in June when they spent the night up here), where I watched the kids and helped with some chores while Liz took their new baby to the hospital. The boys kept busy searching for clay pigeons that had been shot down in the yard, showing me new trampoline tricks, and carrying around baby kitties by the scruffs of their necks. After we baked brownies and did a puzzle, I headed home to get ready for a little deck-warming party. Some friends from Curt's work headed over for snacks, drinks, and a bonfire. The moms talked and played with the kids while the dads drank beer and shot some clay pigeons down in the field like macho men.

We relaxed at home the rest of that weekend, which was really nice for a change. This past Friday we had a play date at our house with Deb & kids and Shawn & Avery. We had a good time, and we managed to keep the kids entertained between exploring new things in the house and playing on the half-broken swing set in the yard while we talked about mommy and teacher stuff. Next time I'll have to get some good pictures to share - some adorable kids.
This past weekend Curt's parents came up to drop off another load of wood for the highly-anticipated (by Curt) wood stove and to visit their grandson. They have been very helpful in getting us ready for the stove, and my mother-in-law assures me that Curt'll be so excited to use it in the beginning that I won't have to do any of the work! Including going out to fill it when it's 20 below out! Woohoo!!!
A short while after they left, Brea and Andrew arrived to spend the night. We had planned to do more than eat delicious food (Thanks, Andrew! What a cook!) and play games, but the sky was cloudy and threatening rain all day yesterday, so we didn't risk going to the lake. No matter - we always have a great time when we're together, regardless of what it is we do. Although we've been trying to see each other at least once a month, it doesn't always happen, and I really miss them, even though we're used to being apart. It was so great hanging out so much when we lived in River Falls. Curt worked nights then and I knew they were just across town if I got bored, not to mention our weekly Wednesday night dinner gatherings. It's hard to believe it's already been two years. We are loving life up here in the country, but if there was one thing I could change about it, it would definitely be bringing my sister, my best friend, closer to our little family. I love you, Brebra. Oh, and I guess you can come too, Andrew. :0



2 comments:
I can't believe you guys have lived in your house for a YEAR. I swear I'm going to see it someday.
Love the updates Ash! The chocolate on the face is just too cute. He is looking so grown-up. It is amazing how quickly babies change. You truly have a ton to look forward to.
Post a Comment