Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Oh, the Horror

I have heard that babies are so tolerant and resilient that they are able to handle the excrutiating pain that comes with teething better than an adult could were one subjected to the same pain. Given Jackson's recent crying jags (and my own tendency to be miserable when I get just the slightest of colds), I'd have to say that's probably true. We think the horror that is teething has officially begun in the Wojciechowski household. Although we don't see/feel any teeth at this point, Jackson has not been himself lately. He has been moody, crying a lot, over-tired with a slight fever once this week, and drooling like nobody's business. And it isn't even that horrible yet. So I guess the real horror for me is knowing that it could get considerably worse when the teeth actually start to come through. And it's also confusing because he's showing signs of separation anxiety from Curt and I at the same time - is this yet another of the bazillion signs of teething? But for a baby who has been so wonderfully content his whole life, this recent development comes as a rude awakening for his spoiled parents. Especially when we are headed to the cabin tonight for our 7th annual college reunion party weekend! I am guessing that this mom's partying will be at a minimum. And with about 25 people there, let's hope that whole stranger fear thing doesn't creep up on us this weekend along with everything else. I'll blog at y'all next week after we return. Wish us lots of luck!!!

6 comments:

Katie said...

GOOD LUCK! I can only imagine what teething must feel like. Ouch. :(

littlecindy said...

it's been worst for adrian a couple weeks BEFORE the teeth poke through. then gets bad just as they come and is over in a couple days after that. it always sucked, though, because i never knew for sure that's what it was because they hadn't come through yet!

Sara said...

Poor Jackson! :(

Anonymous said...

The lovely teething days....I don't miss them at all. Don't worry, you will soon have your happy-go-lucky Jackson back, as soon as they poke through.

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Did you survive the weekend?
HOPEFULLY!

Ashley said...

We DID survive the weekend - no teething horror stories - and it was great fun! I hope to post about it tomorrow. :)