Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Sick Day :(
Today Jackson had to stay home with Daddy for his first real sick day - not a milestone I was looking forward to. Then again, we're lucky that this is the first time! He shared germs with his cousin this weekend and ended up with her yuckiness. It seems worse than a cold after he first wakes up, and his breath can get pretty wheezy and he coughs pretty hard. His body is warm, but his temp is not that high. It's hard to know whether to take him in or leave him be. I don't know how much they would be able to help him at his age, and his demeanor, though more worn-out, is still generally good. Now, on top of all that, I think he might have pink eye! Of course Curt the Calm says he's fine and that I worry too much - which is probably true - but on the other hand I think he's overly lax about some parenting issues. We debate and seem to go round and round in circles and it can be so frustrating! It helps to know that we are not alone in our parenting struggles, and I always know that both of us have Jackson's best interest at heart, no matter what. Hopefully my sunshine boy is back to his old self in no time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sawyer is feeling the EXACT same - all the way down to the pink eye thing! He was running a low fever all weekend but finally Tuesday seemed miserable enought to keep home today. He and Jackson probably shared lots of germs - sorry. But Keith brought him to the dr today and he has an ear infection and a little lung congestion, and the doctor seems to think the red eye is viral not regular old pink eye - but now I wonder! It just showed up yesterday (Tuesday) - were the boys together at all Monday? That's just weird that they both came down with the same eye problem. Hope he feels better soon!
Jackson definitely got this cold from his cousin, Deb. I guess they were sharing nookies while their mommies weren't around! So sorry to Sawyer for probably giving the germs to him! He wasn't at Kathy's on Monday, though - I had the day off so I stayed home with him. Didn't you have it off, too?
Post a Comment