Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Today I have been marveling at how much time has passed since the best Valentine's Day ever: we brought Jackson home from the hospital one year ago. I've also been reflecting on how much has changed over the past year, how much more fun and exciting life's been, and how lucky we are. When I had my newborn baby in my arms, I didn't think things could get any better and I never wanted it to end. Now he's growing up and showing so much personality and joie de vivre and it's so much fun. I guess as a mother you enjoy each phase for its own special reasons; there are also many things to be grateful for at each new transition when you look back. You know, healthy growth, milestones reached, and leaving the days of postpartum diaper-like pads and granny panties behind! Seriously, I was so miserable for the first couple weeks. New mommyhood is such a strange mixture of joy and emotion yet pain and discomfort. When I think back to where I was physically a year ago, I am so relieved that it's one year later - I feel so bad for that girl! Of course I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat, and I'd never trade any of it for anything in the whole, wide world.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

How different he looked! I remember those early days. It was so much fun having a new little baby around. (I was at your house a lot last winter!) It has been a blast as Jack has grown and developed a personality too though. Being his auntie is the best. :)