Some little boy has a birthday coming up! It is really so hard to believe that he's not a baby anymore! He is walking all by himself now! A couple weeks ago he started going short distances between Curt and I with a little help, and this week at daycare he took off on his own and hasn't stopped. He uses whatever he can get his hands on to stand up, and then off he goes! People always marvel about how fast time flies, but you really feel it so much more intensely when you're a parent. It is just ridiculous. It is so heartwarming yet sad at the same time to watch your child grow up. I had to pull out a bunch of clothes yesterday again and put in the "outgrown" pile. I had better not say any more than that right now or the waterworks will start! I'll save those for his first birthday on Wednesday (check back later this week for a hopefully cute picture of him in his special birthday hat, pending his cooperation).P.S. That's three posts in one day if you're keeping track! Two boys napping gives me time. I hope this makes up for my procrastination, Sarah B. :)
11 comments:
YAY!
........have you maybe gotten a package from somebody named Katie, maybe? maybe? i hope so.
What a beautiful post, Ashley! You definitely pulled at my own mommy heartstrings... It truly is amazing and a bit sad to watch our precious little ones grow up. I hope you enjoy this week of celebration! I'll be thinking of you.
Yes we did, Katie! He's already taken pictures in his awesome "J" birthday hat! A thank you card from him is in the mail this morning. :)
AWESOME! I can't wait to see it! I found it online and had to get it for Jackson immediately. I thought it was super funny and cute and great and awesome.
I would love to become a "follower" to your blog, but it never lets me. (There's nothing to click on to sign up.) Is there a special trick???
You should see a link that says "Follow this blog." I just checked and it was there...
AM I BLIND?!?! Ugh. All I see on my screen is Follower (1) at the top and then 1 Follower at the bottom.
Just so you know I DO follow your blog even if I can't show you. :)
Happy Birthday Jack! We are both one year older today!...it's not as exciting when you get this old, so don't grow up too fast! Eat lots of cake! I love you! -cousin Em
You did it, Tonnie! Yay!
Ashley, thank you once again! You warmed my heart. I am excited to experience all of the great times with my little one as you have with Jackson. Thanks for the "shout out!"
You bet, Sara! :) And happy belated birthday, Em! I hope you had as much fun eating cake as Jackson did! :)
Post a Comment