Sunday, February 15, 2009

Viva Las Vegas?

It is five days and counting until I leave my little boy behind for a week. Yes, we are leaving Friday for a week of fun in fabulous Las Vegas (YAY!), but I'm already getting sad about being away from Jackson for so long (and doing most of the work required to get ready to go!) . Don't get me wrong; I'm very excited for the trip. It's just that the days beforehand will leave me feeling blue before I even get on the plane. Wouldn't you be, too, if you got to look at this face sitting next to you at the dinner table but knew you'd be missing it for 7 straight days and nights?!

However, once we're taking off for a week of vacation - food, fun, sun (we hope), and no picking up a messy house or cleaning up the remains of a toddler's dinner - I know the blues will start to lift and I'll be anxiously anticipating the getaway! My parents gave me a week at their timeshare for a college graduation present and we hadn't used it, so when our friend Cody mentioned last year that he and his girlfriend, Sara, were thinking about going to Vegas, we said "Let's go!"

We'll have to wait and see how long I hold out on the actual tears this week... not counting the two I actually let fall today...

VIVA LAS VEGAS!!! I think!

5 comments:

Katie said...

HAVE FUN!!! I'm still trying to convince Kyle we should go there and get married by Elvis or in a drive thru.

Unknown said...

It'll be a blast and go by so quickly you'll hardly have time to miss him. I know I don't mind that you guys are leaving for a while. It's a good excuse for me to see him!

Jenny & Jim said...

Hopefully we can get together one night when we are both out there!!

Anonymous said...

i left adrian for the first night ever when i went to vegas when he was 13 months old. it was excruciating for the first day and then it was so refreshing. i felt like cindy for a few days, not just mom/wife/someone-who-does-something-for-other-people. have fun! jackson will be so excited to see you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

You guys will have so much fun! Sam and I love going there. There is so much to do and you will enjoy a little break. :) Amy