Although I am very proud of my son, am loving watching him reach milestones, and am having so much fun with him as he gets older, it is soooo sad at the same time! My baby boy is getting so big and it's happening so fast that it makes me want to cry! And sometimes I do! Just looking at him or watching him do something new can be all it takes. So here are the top six reasons why Jackson turns Mommy into an even bigger mush-ball than she already is:
1. He is so close to rolling all the way over! If it weren't for that one darn arm getting stuck under his body all the time...
2. He is eating baby food! He decided to start liking it and now I'm mixing rice cereal with sweet potatoes and some breast milk, which he has been scarfing down lately.
3. He sometimes goes to bed all by himself! Some nights he doesn't even want to be rocked (sad) but will fall asleep only a short time after being laid in the crib.
4. He is using the big bath tub! The little infant tub just got too small and he was sliding around everywhere in it and even slipping below the water at times. That was enough of that!
5. He is outgrowing clothes at a rapid rate! Just last week I had to pack another box full of stuff that's too small, smelling the items, holding them to my face, and crying as I went. *tear*
6. He is talking almost non-stop! His baby babbles are consonant sounds now and he's laughing at us more than ever. Cutest thing in the world!!!
It's so much fun, but why do they have to grow up?! :)/:(
P.S. For you regular bloggers, I am proud to point out that this is my fourth post in one week! WOW! Don't get used to it. :0
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Thanks a lot for bringing a tear to my eye! It's only been a week & a half since I saw him last but Jack just keeps changing and developing his little personality. It's too cute that he's smiling more, talking, and even giggling now though - it's so much fun! But yes, I understand your sadness, mama.
It's no wonder people love those babies.
I definitely appreciate the amount of blogs you've posted this week. :) And I can't get enough of that picture of Jackson and Curt on the floor. It's the cutest!
I've almost got that rolling over thing down, too. I'm really trying to beat Jackson to it.
i hate to tell you, but it just goes faster. i cannot believe my baby's almost a year old!
Neither can I, Cindy! And good luck with the whole rolling over thing, Justy.
It's been fun to read your summer updates! Jackson certainly has changed and is getting so big! (Sorry, but it's true. This mommy hates it as well...)
I hope your summer continues to go well.
Lots of love!
Post a Comment