It was really strange being there as parents. We stayed in the cabin instead of tenting out. It was a nice luxury, but I honestly missed walking down the path to the tent and joking around with friends you pass along the way. Also, while I knew going into it that I'd spend lots of time feeding and taking care of Jackson during the weekend, it was hard to know I was missing out on some good times. I wanted our friends to meet him this year - plus it would have been way too hard to be away from him - but in the future I think I will save the annual camping weekend as one of those rare times I will get to be a wife and a friend first. It seems so sad now to think of it, but I know I'll appreciate it then! Does that sound horrible of me?! I think you all understand. Don't you?!
Jackson getting his daily reading in (Okay, so this waslast week at home, but it's so cute I had to include it!)
I tried to tell her to stay away from that stuff, butall those boys were a bad influence on Sadie.
Jackson and Auntie snuggle after the lake.
Hans scarfing down some corn in between shish kabobs.
I'm so glad Jackson was the only one playing in the nude this year.
Poor Jared takes abuse every year. Here he is sleepingthrough firecrackers being set off under his ass.
Cody with the gigantic knife was kind enough to do the shopping and bring the food for the group this year (Sarah too!). Hans has officially passed the torch. The boys were in charge of preparing and cleaning up the poor man's supper thatwe cook on the fire every year. Thanks, Maria, for the great idea all those years ago!
Judging the scavenger hunt. Cody and Sarah had this great ideathis year. It ended up being really fun, and the judging was
hilarious! I think it'll be a new tradition.
He is really pondering those team scores...
More (drunken) scavenger hunt funJackson was a big hit and he was a really good boy the whole time, much to his mama's relief. Although we had a great time, it was a long time to be away with him (Wed-Sun) and we were glad to get back home. It's amazing how babies can recognize and sense their environments. We could definitely sense Jackson's relief once we finally got in the door, and we knew he was more comfortable and happier here than he could be elsewhere for that long. We had a busy week after that and have another busy weekend ahead! I hope you can all take some time to enjoy these last gorgeous days of summer.



4 comments:
Looks like lots of fun, Ash! I know I ask this every time, but where is the cabin?
I forgot to mention that the cabin is 20 mi. east of Sandstone (which is off I-35 on the way to Duluth) in a teeny, tiny town called Duxbury. Population probably 10. Or maybe just the two old people who own the store/restaurant/gas station there.
We are glad that you had a wonderful time...I hope this tradition continues until you are all talking about your children's graduations parties and the grandchildren soon to be born! I volunteer to watch Jackson next year while you are away!
is he sitting up all on his own now!?
Post a Comment