Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Transition Time

I am officially back to full-time work as of Monday. BOO!!! I'm sad that I'm not at home anymore and I miss Jackson a lot. It was relatively easy to go back after maternity leave when I knew I only had 7 weeks of class and then part-time summer hours; it's much harder to return in the fall for a full school year. It was such a blessing to be home more this summer watching Jackson grow and spending time with family and friends. Now that I'll be away from him more I am hoping I don't miss out on anything big like this new trick he learned over the weekend with Mommy and Aunties Brea and Alli (sorry the video is so shaky!).

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow - Jack's face really resembles yours (and mine, by default) in this video! Usually he just screams Curt, but this look is definitely mama.

Sara said...

What a honey! Thanks for sharing the cutey with us. Guess who works at Melrose-Mindoro with me...Amy Sacia. She is a special ed teacher - small world! Good luck with juggling work and Jack. You will do great.

Katie said...

Good luck with your new school year, Ash! And I totally agree with Brea.. I think he's looking more and more like you!

Ashley said...

Thanks for all the well wishes, girls, and for saying he looks like me (and you, Bre!). Once in a while I like to hear that my son actually resembles me.

Sara, say hi to Amy for me! Is she still the same happy-go-lucky, peppy girl? Small world, indeed. I bet she's a great special ed. teacher. :) Best of luck to you as well!

Sara said...

Will do! Yes she is still peppy. :)

The Hanson Hat Trick said...

Oh how cute! I love the video!
Good luck with going back to work. Hopefully we'll both be able to manage and not become puddles every day.
Thinking of you...
:)